Prof. Dr. Susanne Prediger
International Talks and Keynotes for Conferences
In total, over 250 talks, many of the talks in Germany are not listed here.
International Talks or Keynote Lectures on Mathematics Education Research
Design Research for teachers on language-responsive mathematics teaching. Project Meeting of the Latacme Project, Bergen, Norway, May 2019 (Invited talk).
Networking theoretical approaches in Didactical Design Research. Research Seminaire. Aarhus University, Kopenhagen, Denmark, May 2019 (Invited talk).
Design principles and teaching practices for fostering students’ languageS for learning mathematics. Working Conference “Fostering students’ languageS for mathematics learning, Dortmund, April 2019.
Sprache zählt! Sprachsensibilität im mathematischen Kontext. Hochschule Linz, Austria, April 2019 (Invited Talk).
- Realizations for PD approaches on language-responsive mathematics teaching. 4th International LaMaVoc-Meeting. Stockholm, Sweden, March 2019.
- Language diversity in math classrooms – empirical findings and language-responsive teaching approaches. Twenty-First Annual Science and Mathematics Educators Conference (SMEC 21), Beirut, Lebanon, März 2019 (Keynote Lecture).
- Language counts in math classrooms! Backgrounds and approaches
for fostering language learners’ mathematics learning. Teacher Conference, November 2018, Trondheim, Norway (Invited Lecture)
- Promoting Teachers’ Pathways towards Expertise for Language-Responsive Mathematics Teaching - a Design Research Study. Researcher Conference, November 2018, Trondheim, Norway (Keynote Lecture)
- Fostering subject matter learning for language learners: Exemplary insights into German subject-specific empirical research. Fourth Sino-German Didactics Dialogue Conference, Kiel, May 2018. (Keynote Lecture).
Wie kann man Lernende unterstützen, mathematische Strukturen zu erfassen? Einblicke in Design-Research als fachdidaktisches Forschungsformat. Jahrestagung der GDM und DMV, Paderborn, March 2018 (Keynote Lecture).
Understanding and Fostering the Mathematics Learning of Language Learners - Overview of a chain of projects with different research. SAARMSTE - 26th Annual Conference of the Southern African Association for Research in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, Gaborone, Botswana, January 2018 (Invited Symposium).
Design-Research in der gegenstandsspezifischen Professionalisierungsforschung oder: Was und wie müssen Lehrkräfte lernen, um sprachbildend Mathematik zu unterrichten? GFD-Kofadis-Tagung, Freiburg, September 2017 (Keynote Lecture).
Design Research for mathematics teachers – improving the quality of content-specific professional development. Distinguished Lecture at the Korean Center for In-service Teacher Education, Seoul, Korea, November 2017 (Invited Talk).
Networking of Theories. Seoul National University, Korea, November 2017 (Invited Talk).
- Two languages – separate conceptualizations? Multilingual students’ processes of combining conceptualizations of the part-whole concept. 41st Annual Meeting of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education (PME), Singapore, July 2017 (Peer reviewed research report with Taha Kuzu).
- Content- and language-integrated learning: a field experiment for the topic of percentages. 41st Annual Meeting of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education (PME), Singapore, July 2017 (Peer reviewed research report with Birte Pöhler & Philipp Neugebauer).
- Supporting students’ processes of mathematization and active knowledge organization - what Didactical Design Research can contribute. Conference „Onderwijs meets Onderzoek“ at Freudenthal Institute, Utrecht, The Netherlands, June 2017 (Keynote Lecture).
Learning the logical structures of deductive reasoning – insights into mathematics education research. Conference of the British Society of the History of Mathematics on Mathematical Logic in honour of Ivor Grattan Guinness, London, England, May 2017 (Keynote Lecture).
Fostering Language Learners in Mathematics classrooms – Different research approaches and research outcomes. Conference "Learning mathematics in linguistically diverse classrooms" in Bergen, Norway, January 2017 (Keynote Lecture).
Specifying PD trajectories and investigating teachers‘ learning pathways - The case of fostering students' potentials. Conference Educating the Educators II, Freiburg, November 2016 (Reviewed Talk).
Design Research for teachers with a focus on content-specific professionalization processes: The case of noticing students' potentials. ERME Topic Conference 3: Teacher Education, Berlin, Oktober 2016 (Reviewed talk with Kim Rösike and Susanne Schnell).
Introduction to Design Research. ICME 13 - International Congress on Mathematical Education: Early Carrer Researcher Day, Hamburg, Juli 2016 (Invited Workshop with Koeno Gravemeijer).
Design Research: Trends and Developments in Germany. ICME 13 - International Congress on Mathematical Education: Thematic Afternoon, Hamburg, Juli 2016 (Invited Talk).
Fachdidaktische Entwicklungsforschung und fachbezogene Unterrichtsentwicklung. Kolloquium der Pädagogischen Hochschule Bern, Switzerland, May 2016 (invited talk).
Sprachbildung im Fachunterricht – Herausforderungen und Ansätze am Beispiel Mathematik. Kolloquium der Pädagogischen Hochschule St. Gallen, Switzerland, May 2016 (invited talk).
- Discursive practices of explaining in grade 5 mathematics classrooms. Workshop on Logic and Philosophy of Mathematical Practices at the Centre for Logic and Philosophy of Science, Brüssel, Belgium, February 2016 (Invited talk).
- Unpacking procedural knowledge in mathematics exams for first-year engineering students. KHDM-Conference Herrenhausen, Hannover, Dezember 2015 (Invited talk together with M. Altieri).
- Generalizing, defining, explaining – challenges in academic literacy for language learners in math classrooms reconstructed in Topic-Specific Design Research studies. International Workshop Fostering Language Learners, Dortmund, September 2015.
- Design Research Methodology with a focus on learning processes: Overview and insights into a research program for different subject matter didactics. Chur, Switzerland, June 2015 (Keynote Lecture).
- Cultural Contexts for research and development in mathematics education. Panel, CERME 8, Prague, Czech Republic, February 2015. (Plenary-Panel with Barbara Jaworski, Mariolina Bartolini-Bussi, Edyta Nowinska).
- Topic-specific didactical design research - a model for many subject didactics. International Symposium on Didactical Design Research, Dortmund, January 2015 (Keynote Lecture).
- How to determine what teachers should learn and multipliers need to know? Five steps for content specification of professional development programs and the research-based background for multipliers. Conference Educating the Educators, Essen, December 2014 (Reviewed Talk).
- Language obstacles for mathematics learning and instructional approaches to foster language learners – empirical results. World Conference ISER 2014 – International Society of Educational Research, Nevshehir, Turkey, November 2014 (Invited Talk and Chair of Symposium)
- Fostering students' potential and interest - Didactical conceptions and their empirical foundation. Dialogo Brasil-Alemanha de Ciencia, Pesquisa e Inovacao, Sao Paolo, Brazil, October 2014 (Keynote Lecture).
- Ab heute machen alle sprachfördernden Mathematikunterricht“ – aber wie? Fachdidaktische Entwicklungsforschung als grundlagen- und praxisbezogenes Forschungsprogramm. Kolloquium des Zentrums für LehrerInnenbildung, Vienna, Austria, Juni 2014 (Invited Talk).
- Supporting low achieving students and their teachers in mathematics teaching and learning. Research seminaire, Nottingham, England, April 2014 (Invited Talk).
- Chances and Difficulties of Video-Use for Mathematics Teacher Education at Scale: The case of learning scaffolding. 2nd Symposium on Video Resources for Mathematics Teacher Development. Weizmann Institute, Tel Aviv, Israel, January 2014 (Keynote Lecture).
- Specifying the necessary language of schooling: the case of reading in mathematics. Council of Europe Strasbourg, France, September 2013 (Invited Talk).
- Family background or language disadvantages? Factors for underachievement in high stakes tests. 37th Conference of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education, Kiel, July 2013 (Reviewed Talk).
- Focussing structural relations in the bar board – a design research study for fostering all students’ conceptual understanding of fractions. 8th Congress of the European Society for Research in Mathematics Education (CERME 8) Antalya, Turkey, February 2013.
- How to define the language of schooling for mathematics? – Examples and procedures. Council of Europe Straßburg, France, September 2012 (Keynote Lecture).
- Enabling teachers for analysing and fostering learning processes of second language learners: Design of and research in a preservice teacher education course. 12th International Congress on Mathematical Education, Seoul, South Korea, July 2012.
- Mathematiklernen unter Bedingungen der Mehrsprachigkeit - Herausforderungen für Diagnose und Förderung, Wintertagung der GDM Schweiz-Liechtenstein, Zürich, Switzerland, January 2012 (Keynote Lecture).
- „Diese Mathematik verstehe ich nicht!“, „Hauptsache, du kannst rechnen!“ - Über das Verhältnis von Verstehen und Rechenfertigkeiten im Mathematikunterricht von der Primarschule bis zur Matura, Didaktisches Kolloquium der PH und ETH Zürich, Switzerland, January 2012 (Invited Talk).
- Relating registers for fractions – Multilingual learners on their way to conceptual understanding, ICMI Study Conference 21 Mathematics and Language Diversity, Sao Paulo, Brazil, September 2011 (Reviewed Talk with Lena Wessel).
- The use of first language Turkish as a resource - A German case study on chances and limits for building conceptual understanding, ICMI Study Conference 21 Mathematics and Language Diversity, Sao Paulo, Brazil, September 2011 (Reviewed Talk with Michael Meyer).
- Relating Registers for Understanding Mathematics - Challenges and approaches for Turkish Bilingual Students in German Mathematics Learning Contexts, Staff Seminaire in Melbourne, Australia, August 2010 (Invited Talk).
- Networking Theories in Mathematics Education, Research Seminar in Copenhagen, Sweden, September 2009 (Invited Talk).
- „So einfach ist das ja dann gar nicht, was man mit den Textaufgaben machen soll “ - Vielfalt wissenschaftlicher Praktiken und Theorien als Charakteristikum der Wissenschaftsdisziplin Mathematikdidaktik, Österreichischer Fachdidaktiktag, Klagenfurt, Austria, September 2009 (Keynote Lecture).
- „Aber wie sag ich es mathematisch?“ - Herausforderungen und Möglichkeiten beim Lernen von Mathematik als Mittel zur Beschreibung von Welt, Tagung der Gesellschaft für Didaktik der Chemie und Physik, Dresden, September 2009 (Interdisciplinary Keynote Lecture).
- “Three eighths of which whole?” - dealing with changing referent wholes as a key to the part-of-part-model for the multiplication of fractions, 33rd Annual Meeting of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education (PME), Thessaloniki, Greece, July 2009 (Reviewed Talk with A. Schink).
- “…because ‘of’ is always minus…” - Students explaining their choice of operations in multiplicative word problems with fractions, 33rd Annual Meeting of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education (PME), Thessaloniki, Greece, July 2009 (Reviewed Talk)-
- Continuities and discontinuities for mental models - A source for difficulties with the multiplication of fractions, ICME-10, Monterrey, Mexico, July 2008 (Reviewed Talk).
- Different Theoretical Perspectives in Research - from teaching problems to research problems, CERME 5, Larnaca, Cyprus, February 2007.
- Continuities and discontinuities for fractions. A proposal for analysing in different levels, Research Report, 30th Annual Meeting of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education (PME), Prague, Czech Republic, July 2006.
- Didaktische Rekonstruktion als Forschungsmodell für Restrukturierungen von Mathematik, Klagenfurt, Austria, June 2004.
- Brüche bei den Brüchen - Bildungschancen nutzen durch Aufgreifen von epistemologischen Denkhürden, Mathematikdidaktisches Kolloquium, Vienna, Austria, April 2004 (Invited Talk).
- Perspectives interculturelles sur l’apprentissage des mathématiques, Séminaire Didatech, Laboratoire Leibniz, Grenoble, France, April 2004 (Invited Talk).
- Development of personal constructs about mathematical tasks - A qualitative study using repertory grid methodology, 27th Annual Meeting of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education (PME), Hawaii, US, July 2003 (Reviewed Talk).
- Mathematics - cultural product or epistemic exception? 4. International Conference on the Foundations of the Formal Sciences: The History of the Concept of the Formal Sciences, Universität Bonn, February 2003 (Keynote Lecture).
- Intercultural aspects of mathematics education, Klagenfurt, Austria, August 2002.
Talks on Mathematics
- Nested Concept Graphs and Triadic Power Context Families. A situation-based contextual approach, 8. International Conference on Conceptual Structures, Darmstadt, August 2000 (Keynote Lecture).
- Simple Concept Graphs: A Logic Approach, 6. International Conference on Conceptual Structures, Montpellier, France, August 1998.
- Simple Concept Graphs: Syntax and Semantics, International Conference on Knowledge, Logic and Information, Darmstadt, February 1998.
- Contextual Logic and Concept Graphs, 55. Arbeitstagung Allgemeine Algebra, Darmstadt, November 1997.
- Symbolic Objects in Formal Concept Analysis, Second International Symposium on Knowledge, Retrieval, Use and Storage for Efficiency, Vancouver, Canada, August 1997.
- Symbolic Objects in Formal Concept Analysis, Conference on Ordinal and Symbolic Data Analysis, Darmstadt, March 1997.
- Logical Scaling in Formal Concept Analysis, 5. International Conference on Conceptual Structures: Fulfilling Peirce's Dream, Seattle US, August 1997
Back to main side of my homepage
Impressum und Datenschutzerklärung: http://www.mathematik.tu-dortmund.de/de/index/impressum.html